The Sydney Rock Oyster, native only to the East Coast of Australia and grown in a variety of rivers, lakes, and bays, is renown around the world for its sweet taste and creamy texture. This Masterclass will be presented by Mark Allsop the CEO from Appellation Oysters.
This is a premium division of Australia’s Oyster Coast and where they grade the best oysters from 60 plus farms across 13 estuaries along the unspoilt East Coast of NSW. Mark will explain where the oysters are grown, how they are harvested and the five flavour pit stops of the oyster.
You’ll also learn how to shuck an oyster, the best way to eat oysters and how to best pair oysters with wines. Click here for a short video on the masterclass.
The Masterclass includes:
– oysters from three regions with unique characteristics
– a glass of Cupitt Brut Cuvee on arrival
– at the conclusion of the masterclass, you will sample oysters dressed with our specialty housemade vinaigrette
– another glass of Cupitt’s wine to enjoy with the dressed oysters
– three-course dinner at Cupitt’s Kitchen following the masterclass
13 December 2019 – 6pm