Restaurant open Thursday-Sunday for Lunch and Dinner Bookings Essential
Customer Experience and Event Manager5 December 2019 – posted in: Job
Purpose of the position:
To work as a senior team member within the business ensuring exceptional customer service is maintained across the business; to manage the coordination of smooth and memorable customer events, weddings and experiences, to deliver on the company’s purpose, vision and strategy.
To be a successful business with world class food, wine, beer, cheese and service. To provide a positive work environment with opportunities for career advancement and a pleasurable experience for the customer that makes them want to return. We want to establish a connection with the customer to build a long-term relationship.
Our Core Values:
Team: As an energetic team we lead, respect and motivate each other to create a trusted family atmosphere.
Experience: Striving to create a unique experience through our passion, quality of products, genuine customer service and beautiful surroundings.
Happiness: A place where we are challenged to grow and encouraged to build our knowledge, where happiness is created through balance, flexibility and appreciation.
Improvement: Evolving through continuous improvement, never settling, being forward thinking, always open to new ideas and consciously making a positive impact on our environment.
- Positive and collaborative attitude
- Highly organised with the ability to remain calm and composed in high pressured, fast paced environment
- High level of customer service and the ability to build relationships
- Good time management skills and an ability to manage competing priorities and commitments
- Ability to conduct site visits with potential wedding couples and event managers with a sales focus
- Demonstrated experience in an Event Management role
- Demonstrated experience in an Administration role
- Analytical & problem-solving skills with ability to demonstrate initiative
- Computer literacy with the ability to use word processing packages, spreadsheets, and databases
- Responsible Service of Alcohol certification
- Displays all behaviours as outlined below
1. Teamwork – Contribution to the team reflected in flexibility, working with others, communication and completion of tasks.
2. Customer Focus – Focus on outcomes for the business and the ability to meet customer needs and requirements.
3. Being Motivated – This includes a “can do” attitude, positivity and ability to get things done. Follow through and completion of tasks.
4. Loyalty to the job and business – Ability to take ownership of own job and ability to think of the consequences of actions. Initiative shown within the role.
5. Honesty and Integrity – Treating the workplace, other staff and the business environment with respect.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Contribution to revenue and expense control, e.g. through effective food and beverage management, timeliness and efficiency
- Contribution towards more efficient business processes through the suggestion of new ideas
- Meeting sales targets for weddings and events
- Contribution to effective team communication and between back and front of house
- Excellent post-wedding and event feedback from customers
- Quality & standards of individual and teamwork
Customer Experience and Event Management Roles:
- Coordinate the smooth running of all events including weddings and special events.
- Coordinate all workshops, masterclasses, long table and any ‘behind-the-scene’ events.
- Respond to customer enquiries relating to new function bookings.
- Facilitate and conduct meetings with customers, including tours of the venue.
- Coordinate and organise all aspects of events, including liaising with all staff regarding the event.
- Liaise with vendors and ensure smooth bump in and bump out processes.
- Manage the continuous improvement of functions and events.
- Liaise with Head Chef and Front of House Manager on a weekly basis on all upcoming functions and events.
- Generate and issue invoices for all functions.
- Actively seek and source new opportunities for events and revenue generation.
- Actively aim to increase customer expenditure.
- Research and evaluate new product opportunities and demand for potential products with customer needs.
- Measure effectiveness of promotions and return on investment.
- Produce ongoing competitor analysis, with reference to pricing, presentation and promotion for each new product launch.
- Project manage new product development in collaboration with the General Manager.
- Maintain knowledge of company and its products.
- Represent the company at events, workshops and conferences.
So if you’re interested in a part-time role in an ever-growing tourism business, send your resume with a cover letter through.
Please attention your application to Melanie Louth, Cupitt’s Estate: [email protected]
The closing date for the application is COB on Friday the 20th December.
Lots of questions and excitement around Cupitt’s opening up for diners againread more